First Spiritualist Temple of East Aurora
We have lots of opportunities for folks who want to pitch in, either for a day or for a longer-term commitment. If you would like to join a committee, be sure to speak with any board member.
• Audit: Reviews accuracy of financial accounts prior to annual meeting and at several points throughout the year.
• Building: In charge of grounds, building maintenance and repairs.
• Bylaws: Reviews any necessary changes, drafts appropriate language.
• Kitchen: Plans dinners, purchases groceries and related items. Helps out with brunch, points out what is needed.
• Library: Catalogs and track loans of books, as well as manage the bookstore.
• Music: Secures the organist and musical equipment; supervises music for all services.
• Reception: Serves as ushers; greets members and visitors.
• Ways & Means: Plans, coordinates and manages fund-raising events other than weekly drawings, most notable the annual Christmas Bazaar.
Sign Up for Brunch....Always needed and greatly appreciated. We have a whiteboard for sign-ups, with space for each Sunday except the third Sunday of the month, Dinner Day. You shop for goodies--anything from bagels to something a little heartier. Then, on Sunday, you make coffee, set up the food, and give the financial table folks the receipts. If you need help with the coffee-maker, cleanup or anything else, just let us know!
Please remember that those who serve the church in a public capacity are kindly asked to dress "business casual" or better--with exceptions as appropriate for heavy kitchen work.