At the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of the year 1911, the First Spiritualist Society of East Aurora formally dedicated its church on Temple Place. The congregation, however, traces its roots in the village to the 1860s. For several years, the First Spiritualist Society met in the Regulator Block, a building on the north side of Main Street between Riley and Church streets, later destroyed by fire. The congregation shared its quarters with the Sons of Temperance, the Odd Fellows and other groups before deciding in 1910 to build a church of its own. After considering various locations, including the southeast corner of Main and South Willow streets, the First Spiritualist Society chose a location on what was then known as Cemetery Street. The church president, H.W. Richardson, a prominent East Auroran who saw success as a principal of Richardson & Beebe Cheese Co., held the mortgage, and each parishioner paid a share. Prominent local attorney Wells Parker, who had his office on the first floor of the Regulator Block, assisted the congregation in its purchase of the property. The new church was constructed within the span of just a few months during autumn 1911. The following year, the village renamed Cemetery Street as Temple Place. Because many Spiritualist congregations purchase church buildings constructed by other denominations, the East Aurora church is now one of the few Spiritualist churches in the world built by Spiritualists.
First Spiritualist Temple of East Aurora